School Project 7: Serpentine Estate
- Made with our in-house engine OneEngine, a horror game inspired by Resident Evil.
- Together with Aron Johansson, I integrated PhysX into our engine. Handling things such as hit registration, raycasts, collision filtering, controllers and movement.
- As I was in charge of the player and playercontroller, I utilizied designs such as actors/components and a state machine.
- This proved very beneficial in order to have a clean structure for the different behaviours and transitions we wanted. Such as moving, (moving while aiming), firing, reloading, running, etc.
- Implemented the QTE(Quick-time-event), to really make the player feel pressured when confronted by an enemy in melee range.
- Together with Fadi Makdes, we added blendmasks in order to be able to aim while playing the walking animation simultaneously.
- Added kinematics to our animations in order to handle aiming.
- Lastly I focused on polish regarding the player, such as SFX, VFX, HUD, and the respawn system.
- Thanks to our continous communication, we finished a game that we were all very proud of.
- I thoroughly enjoyed being able to work with the three C's (Camera, Controller, Character).
2021 - 2022
Third person horror game
14 weeks part-time
My main contributions:
- Animation System